Saturday 31 January 2009

I have really been so busy lately! Ive had an assessment at uni (basically a hand-in of my work from this module which includes final print photographs, artist statement and digital archive) I also been worked every night last week so i could have the weekend off to celebrate my 20th birthday!! :D

I do not feel like an adult one bit! I utterly refuse to believe I have been on earth for two decades. My birthday this year however was one of the best ever! Here is a chance for you to learn a bit more about me! I was born in Coventry, England and lived there until just over a year ago when i moved to Wales to study photography at university. With starting a new job (at a bingo hall...'joy') this year I havent got home as often as I would like. Therefore when 6 of my friends from home drove up to see me and stay the weekend i was over the moon!

My party was of course themed, Wizard of Oz no less, a lot of people came (our tiny student house was fit to burst!) and almost everyone dressed up which i was dead chuffed about! I made a green 'Emerald City' cocktail for the cocktail fountain (the recipe is a secret!)I even got an emerald city cake from my friend Vinnie, which she had made all by her self, it was fantastic and totally yummy! I will post a photo of me and my boyfriend because i dont have permission to use anybody elses, but ours were not the best costumes by far! (I was of course Tinwoman and Ben was the Cowardly Lion) Photobucket

So anyway, this week since i had a weeks break form uni with only one feedback session to attend, I got crafting! I made a little treeling plush inspired by the lovely huggables available from www.forestprints.com
Photobucket
As you can see i changed the design a little bit, adding goggle eyes etc.

I also made chillis on sticks. They are made of polymer clay and are to stick in the plant pots my boyfriend is growing chillis in. I hope he likes them ^__^
I will take more photos when the plants are bigger and the 'fake' chillis are in their pots!Photobucket
I love making things for my boyfriend, last month I made him a plush Michael Jordan and basket ball for his xmas tree (he is basketball mad, rather odd for an Englishman i know!)

Anyway, hopefully thats a bit of a catch up for you and I'll be back with more crafts and vintage things soon. Im tired now and Im off to work a 10hour shift at Bingo tomorrow :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment