Thursday 19 January 2012

Favourite Movie Stars

I know I have mentioned my love of classic movies so many times and I'm always going on about Marlene Dietrich. However I finally got round to watching Mr & Mrs Smith the other day and I just had to tell you how great it was!
Photobucket
Carole Lombard is fantastic it always makes me sad to think she died so young. The movies she did make though are funny and sentimental and I always feel like I know her really well when I read about her personality and see the roles she played.
Photobucket
Mr & Mrs Smith is an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Im no good at reviews so briefly Mr Smith (Robert Montgomery)finds out that he and his wife (Lombard) are not legally married. Instead of telling her right away he leaves it a day.
However his wife finds out and is waiting for him to A. tell her the mishap and B. propose to her again.

When he doesn't immediately propose she decides not to take him back and starts dating his best friend and business partner. I won't spoil it just incase you want to watch the film yourself but hilarity ensues with them playing games and teasing each other and there is a winter cabin retreat as well :)

My favourite Lombard film is still 'No Man of Her Own' maybe its becuase it stars Clark Gable who is quite dishy but its probably becuase they became a real life couple years later.
Photobucket
Clark and Carole were truly in love and then she tragically died in a plane crash. It is written that although Gable remarried 2 times afterwards he was never the same after Caroles death and he stayed in their marital home the rest of his life.

I'm a sucker for a love story.

Valentines Day soon! <3 ;)
Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment