Wednesday 8 February 2012

Bread mmmmmm!

I baked bread for the first time yesterday.

I am preeeeetty pleased with myself I must say!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I used this recipe:

http://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/simple-white-loaf/

The thought of making bread used to scare me, I think its the yeast part, I don't know why. But this recipe is so easy to follow.

Using the same recipe you can make a foccacia bread (the method is slightly different). I'm going to try that out soon so I will post the results.

2 comments:

  1. I have no luck making bread, I can never get the yeast to rise, so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert so Im not sure why it isn't rising, I used dried yeast and left it to prove for 45mins and it just worked whether I can do it again is another matter haha x

      Delete